Grace's game on Monday night was all the way in McMinnville, which made for a late night. They lost big again (38-4).
Kind of a bummer, but this really is a great team of girls.
I got a package ready to send to Emma and her suitemates to get them pumped and ready for finals week. Peacock socks so they would show 'em what they got!
I loved this picture that Grace's teacher posted. It makes me so happy knowing that Isaac and Grace are together at school.
I got all the 2019 Primary Songs CDs done today. Wahoo!
Grace had another basketball game on Tuesday night. She was more aggressive this time, she shot more and showed some hustle!
The Grinch! A favorite Christmas book for sure.
We went to help at the Toy & Food drive, but a large group got there before us and got most of the work done. We were able to help a little, we really like working there.
Then we went to look at Christmas lights and left a little treat at a few houses that we really liked.
Isaac and Grace loved sneaking up to the door to leave the note. It was pretty funny.
Emma told me about a forum she went to given by Bryan Stevenson so I decided to read his book. Oh man, it was so good. Had me thinking about justice, redemption, the death penalty and a lot of other things in a whole new light. Wow.
Thursday morning reading group is always fun!
Thursday night was the Molalla High School Singing Christmas Tree. It has been a tradition for one of the Molalla wards to have their Primary be the children's choir at one of the performances. Our Primary was asked to do it this year since we have Molalla kids. I had very mixed feelings about this. It took precious time during Primary singing time, and we practiced a few secular songs (like I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas) that I didn't feel completely comfortable singing at church. The kids had fun with it though and it was a good missionary opportunity. They were so darn cute up on the stage, it was fun to watch. I was glad I didn't have to lead them at the performance, Douhet Wilcox did that.
Actually, the whole performance was good. This is a big deal for Molalla High School and I was glad we could support our Molalla ward members.
Eddie brought some Christmas lights necklaces which were perfect for Friday when they got to wear Christmas clothes to school.
Another basketball game for Grace on Friday night. I am so glad that these girls get to play together. They were super excited to get their new shooting shirts.
Emma finished a big video project for one of her classes and we got to watch it. Technology is so fun!
She got to visit with the Vitkauskas' at a gymnastics meet. It's crazy that these girls are in college! Grandpa Harold's granddaughter, Shannon, is the star of the BYU gymnastics team so Emma gets to see family at the meets as well.
We lazed in bed for just a bit on Saturday morning before Grace went off to basketball practice and I went to a birthday breakfast for Miriam. I love Saturday mornings when we are all in bed together.
Eddie was busy with all of his friends.
We were also getting ready for the white elephant party that night. I was wrapping up our gifts.
Grace worked on her Christmas present to Isaac. She was so excited to make him this blanket!
Emma was living it up at Swig. Poor thing.
Debbie Davis hosted a wrapping party at her house. The timing wasn't great for me but I wanted to support her and it was actually really nice to get quite a bit of wrapping done with all the supplies I needed right there and a table to sit at.
Our favorite Christmas party had finally arrived! This year we did it at our house which I was really nervous about, we don't have the best set up for it. But, we decided it wasn't bad to get all cozy with our friends!
I loved this dabbing Santa Clause sweatshirt I found, but it was just a bit too small. I passed it on to Grace and wore something else that night.
In order to fit everyone in our house, we had to clear out the craft room for the food. I worked really hard to make that room sort of presentable. It was so nice to have a big space to use.
It wasn't beautiful, but once the table was covered with food (and another one we had to bring in), you hardly noticed!
Despite being very cozy, we loved having our friends in our home and we had such a great time!
It was especially fun to reconnect with Canby 2nd friends. It was a successful party!
Of course, the worst part is finding what people leave behind. This little note from the Cinquini's was my favorite.
The duck in the kids bathroom was a nice touch. We found several other things as the days went by.
I won myself some tatoo sleeves. Isaac liked those!
Sunday was Sister Pitkin's last day teaching this Primary class. Isaac and Grace have really enjoyed having her as a teacher over the years, and this class was a good one. The addition to our ward a few months ago added a lot of great kids. I thought this group hug was cute and I had to rush to catch it.
Sunday night we went to the Stake Christmas Devotional. It was amazing and the spirit was so strong. Our stake choir and orchestra are so full of talent.
Before I went to bed I had to take a picture of the sign the twins had made earlier in the day. They had their own wrapping party! They make me laugh.























































No comments:
Post a Comment