Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mommy School-Valentine’s Day

We mostly just read lots of Valentine’s Day books for Mommy School.  We did fit in a few projects.  I loved these easy and fun giant Hershey Kisses we made.  idea here

Mommy School-Valentine's Day (1)

For the tag sticking out I wrote their names.  Grace concentrated so hard and traced hers really well.

Mommy School-Valentine's Day (2)

Their kisses were just as good as the real ones!

Mommy School-Valentine's Day (4)

One of the books we read was My Heart is Like a Zoo by Michael Hall.  We loved looking at all the animals made from heart shapes. 

My Heart Is Like a Zoo

I had planned to just copy one of the animals from the book, but then I saw this Lovebird project and decided it was perfect.  Isaac and Grace had fun putting them together.

Mommy School-Valentine's Day (5)Grace’s Lovebird hurt her leg so she put a band aid on it!

I made them a special Lovebird lunch to go along with it.

Mommy School-Valentine's Day (7)

We also read Ten Rosy Roses by Eve Merriam. 

I shamelessly copied the activity we did along with it from storytime at the library.  We retold the story with 10 roses of our own.

Mommy School-Valentine's Day (9)

Then we made celery print roses.  They turned out so pretty!  We made them into cards and delivered them to a few special people. idea here

Mommy School-Valentine's Day celery roses collage

black blog signature

1 comment:

SMDStudio said...

I don't think I have ever seen those celery rose cards. You are an answer to my Activity-Day-girls-stationary-project prayers!!! Thank you!