The sixth graders at Emma’s school spent quite a few months researching a famous person of their choice. Emma chose J.K. Rowling, no surprise since Emma loves the Harry Potter books.
She put together all sorts of information about J.K. Rowling, both imagined and real. All of that hard work culminated in an evening where all the students dressed as their chosen person and families got to visit with each person and learn more about them. It was a fun evening and we learned lots of new things about different people. I also thanked Emma over and over for picking somebody that was easy to find a costume for. It wasn’t too difficult to come up with her ensemble and it looked pretty darn close to the picture she chose. I got MANY comments throughout the evening that she looked like she could be J.K.’s daughter!
I wish I got pictures of all our family that came to support Emma, thank you! I think Isaac and Grace were a little star struck.
Maybe I was too!
It was fun to see all the different people that students chose to research. Not only were we able to brush shoulders with all those cool people, but we were also able to get their autographs!
Even better, we got an autographed head shot of our favorite!








No comments:
Post a Comment